Meet James, the master behind day-to-day operations at Imperial Coin Exchange! He wears many hats at the office and has been with us the longest. Keep reading to find out more about James’ work and personal life.
1. Who are you and what do you do at the office?
My name is James Dauenheimer and I have done everything from sales, inventory, shipping, dipping, and admin work. I enjoy selling coins and interacting with customers both in person and over the phone. I like to help buyers by listening to their numismatics interests and getting the right coins to fit their needs.
2. What is your favorite coin?
I am a sucker for a good High Relief Saint. In my budget, I would get an attractive details coin, but perhaps one day I can shoot for the MS67 gem.
3. How long have you worked here?
I was one of the first employees here back in 2009 but I have been in the coin industry since 2006.
4. What do you love most about working with coins?
You truly learn something new almost every day.
5. What’s one piece of advice you would give someone who wants to enter the industry?
Do not rush into the industry like you know everything. Start off doing the grunt work and ask plenty of questions. Respect your elders and you will do well.
1. Are you currently binge-watching any TV shows?
I am on my second round of Stranger Things… After the 4th was so good, I thought, “Why not have another go around?”
2. What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
I own a pickle company on the side. The Chill Dill!
3. What is your favorite hobby?
I enjoy cooking, smoking meat, hanging with my family, and watching the Lightning dominate the NHL.
4. If you could have a drink with one celebrity, who would it be?
If we could get Anthony Bourdain back from the dead, I would have a drink with him in a heartbeat.