Meet Flavia, our “Golden Girl!” She has been crowned this name because of her notoriety in selling pre-1933 gold in various Facebook groups. You can find her managing the gold section of our booths at all of the big coin shows.
1. Who are you and what do you do at the office?
My name is Flavia Fijalkowska and I am a trader at Imperial. I worked in marketing when I first started here; however, I quickly became interested in coins and learned the business behind them, leading me to take on a role in sales.
2. What is your favorite coin?
Definitely the 1907 High Relief Saint Gaudens! It is my favorite coin because of its detailed design and rarity.
3. How long have you worked here?
I started working here in 2019.
4. What do you love most about working with coins?
I enjoy learning the aspects of grading, as well as the history behind every coin. My favorite is the Pre-1933 U.S minted gold.
5. What’s one piece of advice you would give someone who wants to enter the industry?
Find the coins that interest you the most and try to learn as much as you can about them. Focusing on something you are very knowledgeable about will help you go far!
1. Are you currently binge-watching any TV shows?
Yes! The Terminal List on Amazon Prime.
2. What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
If there is a corn hole or a giant connect four at any party – I’m winning.
3. What is your favorite hobby?
I love to go hiking, especially with my dog, Huayra! While there are not as many hiking spots in Florida, we occasionally travel north to get our hiking fix in Georgia.
4. If you could have a drink with one celebrity, who would it be?
Joe Rogan because he is the person with the most diverse knowledge about any subject.